Workshops and Consulting
Attend a workshop and get all the information you need to publish your book in print and ebook formats. Learn how to set up your website to sell books. How to distribute your books in online retailers. How to market your books using social media tools, blog tours, mailing list newsletters and media outreach.
Find a workshop on the Calendar page, or contact me about setting up small or large workshop, for your group, business, senior center, or school. Or hire me as a consultant to work with you one-on-one.
Here’s what you’ll learn
Get your books in all the formats for all the devices (even paper!)
- Ebooks, rich media books, and apps
- Trade paperbacks, hardbacks, manuals, full-color books
- Using POD, short run, and offset printing services
- For all the new e-readers including Kindle, KindleFire, iPad, and Nook
- In all the major online retailers like Amazon, B&N, and Apple
- Using the most reliable and reputable tools like…
- …Smashwords, BookBaby, Kindle Direct Publishing, Vook, and Aerbook
- For the best possible book for the lowest possible cost
You’ll also learn how to effectively hire out design and editing – the two most important steps most self-publishers skip. And what marketing and social media tools will work best for your book. Need a reliable PR professional? Expensive! Better to hire out list services and editors. You’ll learn why, who, and how to do this.
If you’re intimidated by ebook formatting, or you simply don’t know whether to hire a freelancer or go with one of the services like Smashwords, BookBaby, or Vook, you’ll come away with an understanding of which choice is right for you.
Finally, I’ll go over all the “gotchas” that many self-publishers make – mistakes that cost lots of time and money and pain to undo. Not buying your own ISBNs is one of them. Find out why, and avoid common errors. Boot camp graduates tell me that this alone saved them more than the price of admission.
You’ll take home the Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors in print to refer to again and again through your book publishing journey. I wrote the book for my writer friends and it has evolved over the past years to become a well-tested companion to new authors – and many have published.